For more information about the wide range of family care resources that are helpful in the Chicagoland area, you can visit the following websites:
Chicago Public Schools Website (CPS) link
- Office of Diverse Learner Supports + Services, Link
- For Special Education Pro cess, click on ‘Support s and Services’ tab
Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) link
- For information on Illinois’ Response to Intervention Grant Program, link
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) link
- This site was created to provide a “one-stop-shop ” for resources related to IDEA and its implementing regulations.
- For information on Individualized Education Program (IEP), link
- Parents, educators, advocates, and attorneys come to Wrightslaw for accurate, reliable information about special education law, education law, and advocacy for children with disabilities.
National Center for Learning Disabilities link
- For Parents tab link takes you to a variety of helpful information including the warning signs of LO, the rights you and your child have, and how you can support your child on the home.
- NCLD’s comprehensive information center on Individualized Education Program (IEP), link
Special Education Advisor link
- How to Prepare for an IEP (updated) offers a timeline starting at 90 days before the IEP meeting, link
Heartland Alliance link
- CMHC – Community Mental Health Center
- Mental Health Treatment – City of Chicago/South Side. link
- Ecker Center Link
- Ben Gordon Center link
- Kenneth Young Center link
- Metropolitan Family Services – Multiple Locations throughout Chicago Mental Health Counseling link
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois link
- Larkin Center link